Sunday, March 25, 2012

Postcrossing.com 3

I have now received two more post cards, one from London and one from the Netherlands. My daughter Rebekah has also joined postcrossing.com. She said it looks like a lot of fun, and so far it is. Here are the two new cards.


This is the card from the Netherlands. (That is me on top of the pile of books I never seem to have time to read.) The next card is from London and shows one of the murals in the subway system. Don't they call that the "Tube?"


Mike Tuckfield, who teaches at my school, took a picture of the sunrise out his classroom window a couple of weeks ago. I asked him if I could make a post card out of the photo. Here it is:


I also made a copy of an old photo post card that my 2nd great grandfather, John H. Ewing, sent to my grandfather, Hugh Ewing, in 1909. At that time, John was the superintendent of the dairy for the Kansas State Hospital for the Feeble-minded. He wrote on the back, "Which of us looks the best?"

No comments: