Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Cards and Postal Art

 
I have sent out over forty cards this year to family and friends. Other cards were sent on Swap-bot as well. I am sure I have missed some neighbors, but I sometimes lose track of to whom I have posted. Here are a few samples of the cards I sent out. The first is one my wife says is a little too much, i.e. decorating bills. Its really not a bill; it's a contribution:


 


The next of these are samples of those cards I sent to people I actually know. These are sort of like before and after photos. The "before" is the envelope that have been stained with tissue die. When dying the paper, you never know what effect you will end up with at the end. The "after" is when the addresses and stamp and ink pen doodles have been added. There again, you never know if the envelope will turn out well or be a mess. But when you start your cards late and are desperate to have the cards mailed so they will arrive at least before New Years, you take however they turn out, good or bad, and push them through the mail slot at the post office before the last pick up of the day.
Card One
 
Card Two
 
Card Three
 
Card Four
 
Card Five
 
Card Six
Card Seven







1 comment:

marijke said...

I love your envelopes! I'm your partner on swap-bot for the Advertising/free postcard swap. I was reading your profile and thought to take a look on your blog. Have a nice day!