Friday, May 10, 2013

Appreciation

This has been Teacher Appreciation Week. As a teacher librarian, I do not teach the same students every day as a classroom teacher does, but I have interaction with many students every day. There are thirty to forty students in the library before school every day looking for books, chatting, using computers, doing homework, and reading. There are about the same number of students during each of the two lunches and after school. I am always helping students find books for recreational reading and homework or research projects, and I often recommend books I think they might enjoy reading. I recently received a little note of appreciation from an eighth-grade student. It was a class assignment to write to a teacher, and he chose me.  The following is his letter without any corrections of spelling or grammar:
Dear Mr. Goodman.
Thanks, I go to the libary everyday in the morning, & lunch. You always let me hang out there, & doen't mind to much talking. You all so help me make friends in the libary. I didn't like the libary to much, but you libary is diffrnt, I's comfurting, & loving. Thanks for teaching me proper english when asking for something. Thank you!
Caleb B...  computer #10 "B" lunch

No comments: