Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Postal Art for St. Partick's Day 2013

They tell me that everyone is Irish on St Patrick's Day, so I sent out twelve greeting cards to help celebrate. My family plans to attend the St Patrick's Day parade at the Gateway Plaza in Salt Lake City on Saturday as we do every year. My daughter Emma dances in the parade, and we go up to cheer her on. Last year it was so windy that our camp chairs almost blew away. At least it wasn't raining along with the wind as in other years.

I was sitting on the side of the street that runs through the Gateway holding everything in place while the family went shopping. During a break in the gusts of bitter wind one of the television news reporters crossed the street and asked if he could interview me. I suppose I looked a little Irish with my tam and shillelagh and quilt around my shoulders. He just asked me why I was there, why I come to the parade, and a few other questions. I never saw the clip, but a neighbor said he saw it, and that it was quite long for a news clip. We will see what happens this year. We will probably have lunch again at the California Pizza Kitchen, a yearly tradition.

Here are some examples of my postal art for St. Patrick's day:

 
This is the envelope I made to send the Swap-bot "Make and Envelope #11." I created five handmade envelopes to send to my partner in Tallahassee, Florida.
 
(I am repeating this pattern style and variation too much-I need to expand my thinking.)

 
These are some of the other eleven cards I sent out.
 



 
 
 

No comments: