Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Green ATC Swap for March with a Roswell Twist

 
I joined a Swap-Bot ATC swap for March wherein the ATC was to be or have a lot of green on it. When I read my swap partner's profile, I thought see said she loved aliens, as in UFOs and "little green men." So I started an ATC with a green alien on a green and gold background that I painted using acrylic and bubble wrap. I used the same painting process on the envelope. I went back and looked at her profile again and saw that she loved the movie Aliens and not little green men in general. Oh well, I had already started it, and it did follow the swap requirements. Lived in Roswell, NM, from 1954 to 56 when I was in the third and forth grades. My dad taught at the New Mexico Military Institute during those two years. I don't remember ever hearing, when I lived there, about the suppossed flying saucer crash that happened near Roswell in July 1947. My wife and I drove through Roswell six years ago on a trip around New Mexico to visit places I lived as a child. UFOs and little green men are a big deal in Roswell now with alien signs, plasic blowup aliens, murals, and a UFO museum.
 

Any way, I used the alien theme for my official swap card and added a couple more for fun.

 
 
If anyone wants to start swapping ATCs or postal art, contact me. I would like to expand my postal art and ATC contacts. You might also think about joining Swap-Bot. Let's keep good old snail-mail going.


 

No comments: