Monday, January 6, 2014

A Room with a View

Pulled myself out of bed at 5:00 a.m. this morning to get ready for the return to school after two weeks and three weekends off. No mater how I hurry around getting ready, making breakfast, grabbing a frozen lunch and scraping thick frost off the windshield, I am late getting on the road. There are also two damnably long stop lights between my house and that of my son at both of which I have to wait and which make me even later. I picked up the grandsons at twenty to seven in the predawn gloom, and we set off across the valley. It was a blue twilight when we arrived in the parking lot. While crossing the student drop off and bus lane in front of the school, I was almost run over by a speeding parent. I could have shaken my cane and hurled epithets at them, but I didn't. I was just grateful that I saw them before they hit me. Once I arrived at my library and settled in to work, I noticed the "dawn's early light" outside my library windows glimmering along the tops of the Oquirrh Mountains.
I took this picture of the view with my Iphone. The phone always makes everything look smaller than the real life view, but of course I forgot to adjust the image, so it doesn't look a spectacular as the view from my windows. I took another photo in the afternoon, and it shows the scale better; but without the beautiful pink flush of the sunrise on the snow.
I have a lovely view from the library windows all the day long.


No comments: