Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Few Random Thoughts before My Birthday

Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I catch a glimpse of my father peeking out at me.

Lately, when my picture is being taken, some old man keeps standing in front of me. I wish he would get out of the way.

One would think that after spending over 50,000 dollars on a new knee, I would have a better knee than the one I replaced. It's only been 3 1/2 months, but I don't think I am being too impatient.

After losing 45 pounds, I have noticed a lot more wrinkles. I suppose the fat used to keep the wrinkles smoothed out.

I don't feel old, but it is shocking to think that I have been teaching longer than most of the teachers at my school have been alive.

When I retire at the end of next year, after 43 years of teaching, it is sobering to think that in no time at all I will be totally forgotten.

I hope I have done some good in the lives of the multiple thousands of students I have had over the years. I did get a thank you letter a few years ago from a former student who graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Utah. So that is one who made it.

No comments: