Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Artist's Books and Mail Art

One of the in class assignments, after experimenting with various methods of paper decorating, was to create an accordion book reading the same from front to back and back to front - a palindrome. My "creation" last year was PITIFUL! I like my effort a little better this year. I used my own paper staining technique to put some color on the paper and then overlaid the pages with tape transfer images. The subject is rather mundane, but it works as a palindrome.


I sent out twenty letters in January, all decorated with my paper staining process. I didn't do any drawing or collaging on the envelopes like I usually do. I think the staining is interesting enough to stand alone. Here are the fronts and backs of two envelopes which are representative of this set of mail art.




1 comment:

rebekah said...

I love your palindrome book! It looks cool to me. And I liked my decorated Christmas card envelope, too. I guess this means I owe you one. I'll get right on that...