Monday, March 26, 2012

More Post Cards from Around the World

When I returned home from school today, I found three new postcards waiting for me among the political broadsides, ads, and other junk mail. A pleasant surprise on a cold, blustery spring day. I need to send some more cards to brighten someone else's trip to the mailbox. The cards came from Lithuania, Russia, and Indonesia. Here they are for my few readers to enjoy with me:


This one from Indonesia shows the Sea of Sand at Ijen crater in East Java.


This card is from Birzai, Lithuania.


This shows the main iconostasis of the Cathedral of the Redeemer in Moscow

I have now received eight cards and sent out eight cards. Three of my cards are still "traveling." One of them, sent to Birmingham, Alabama, has been out for 27 days. It must have been chewed up somewhere in the postal machinery. The other two, going to Poland and Russia, have been out for 14 days. Time for me to send out some more cards. I am having a good time with postcrossing.com

No comments: